Company Name :JOSCO Products
Name :Colleen Halbrook
Email Address :Colleen@joscoproducts.com
Job Category :Internships
Job Title :Summer Warehouse & Logistics Intern for Manufacturing Company
Job Location :South Austin
Job Type :Full Time
Job Description :Award winning local company seeks a warehouse/ logistics specialist (intern) for the summer to join our family. We are in South Austin and have been in business for over 36 years. We are a company of dedicated team members positively impacting our customers’ success.
Questions for you to answer to determine if we are a good fit for you….
Is the thought of working for a “Green Company” cool to you? Is reducing waste in the landfill while creating new products cool? Are you ready to look, locate and scavenge for recycled products while working? Are you resourceful? Are you a problem solver? And finally, do you want to be a part of a family environment and have support while working on a team?
Provides support for office staff & warehouse manager during our move to larger space, work with warehouse staff to set up the new warehouse for most efficient & organized layout, analyze existing delivery routes and schedules for customers across Texas and recommend efficiencies. A great asset for a logistics specialist is their communication and negotiation skills, great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach.
The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
Warehouse and office experience preferred but not required.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Improve and maintain all aspects of organized and effective processes for order fulfillment
• Analyze current procedures and new ideas to improve current productivity and efficiencies and where possible, implement improvements
• Work together with Manager and warehouse/delivery employees to provide efficient and professional service to our customers.
• Maximize order-processing efficiencies to meet and exceed Company targets for order turnaround, accuracy, and cost reductions
• Accurately transfer product / parts, both physically and logically, into and/or out of warehouse locations, move products throughout the facility with powered industrial equipment and perform inventory counts as required.
• Pull orders accurately as assigned
• Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
• Prepare Receiving / Storage / Shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process.
• Aware of and follows location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
• Recognize "obvious damage" at any point in the warehousing process and knowledge of action taken when discovered.
Organization and route planning, set up days for deliveries:
• The ability to ship/receive freight.
• Develop and implement processes to improve current freight movement.
• Streamline processes and procedures for all inbound, outbound and logistics activities.
Position may require lifting of 40-60lbs.
Performs housekeeping duties
May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong attention to detail
Accountability is critical
Able to grasp new concepts and procedure quickly and efficiently
Able to apply new concepts correctly and accurately
Able to communicate with clarity and confidence especially observations for improvement
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Able to work in team environment
Able to handle pressure and challenging situations
Able to work in conditions that are not climate controlled
Able to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
Extremely well organized and works efficiently
Like a fast-paced environment
Capability to become proficient in navigating warehouse management systems
Sound judgement and decision making
Enthusiastic and passionate about the environment
Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff and management
Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
Business level fluency in English, both oral and written; Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Problem solving and administrative skills.
Outstanding coordination abilities
Diligence in following procedures, prioritizing, multiple tasks, and producing accurate, high quality, detailed results
Well-organized, self-starter able to work independently while promoting a team-environment
Outgoing personality with effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with internal and external customers alike
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees and/or management
Forklift certification a plus
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to the above email. Include in the subject line “Green Logistics Intern”. Those that do not include this will not be taken into consideration for the position.
Experience Required :Please see above
Expires On :2017-06-18 (19 days left)