Job Description :
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. Sovos Brands has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Sovos Brands represents “real, delicious food for the way you live." We accomplish this by developing businesses that are founded on real, clean ingredients; breakthrough brands and products; meeting today’s lifestyle; and winning with customers.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
Overview: We are currently seeking an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician for our Michael Angelo’s business line who will operate and maintain ammonia refrigeration equipment as well as all plant utilities.
• Operates and maintains ammonia refrigeration equipment. Takes regular readings and makes system adjustments as needed to maintain the ammonia refrigeration system within safe operating parameters.
• Operates and maintains production floor freezers. Adjusts freezers to as needed to meet the temperature requirements of each product.
• Document, through daily logs, all activities pertaining to operations, repairs, awareness of potential problems, communicating with incoming shift and production managers.
• Must maintain certification in HAZMAT and PSM protocols.
• Follows all Company rules, including, but not limited to: GMPs, Safety, PPE, Lock Out-Tag Out, PSM, and all rules prescribed by the USDA and FDA.
• Perform other related duties and special assignments as required or assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Formal ammonia refrigeration training by an accredited school. HVAC certification will be considered for entry-level apprentice positions.
• Must have excellent reading skills. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
• Ability to write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Industrial (high-volume) food-processing experience, particularly frozen foods.
• Knowledge of batch cooking operations, ovens, freezers, cooler, fryers and high-speed packaging equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Must be able to pass an Ammonia Respirator Fit Test and SCBA for assisting purposes.
• Must be able to travel throughout Production areas, climb ladders and stoop, kneel and crawl in small spaces. Office and factory environment. Often works in frozen or hot environment.
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift occasional heavy loads (75 lbs.).
• Must be able to work flexible hours based upon needs of operation.
• Must be able to occasionally work from heights and on the roof.
• Must be able to occasionally work in confined spaces.
We offer an excellent benefits package:
• 401k with company match
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Company-paid life insurance and short term disability.
• Voluntary life and AD&D
• 10 days PTO with additional accrued time based on years of service
• 10 paid holidays.
• Up to 8 hours of paid time off a year for volunteer work.
• Primó Italian food is provided free for meal breaks
# Interested candidates should also apply through career page at our website www.sovosbrands.com.
We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos Brands is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.