Job Description :
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. Sovos Brands has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Sovos Brands represents “real, delicious food for the way you live." We accomplish this by developing businesses that are founded on real, clean ingredients; breakthrough brands and products; meeting today’s lifestyle; and winning with customers.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
Overview: We are currently seeking an electrician for the Michael Angelo’s business line. The electrician plans layout, installs and repairs wiring to, electronic equipment controls, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and controls on equipment.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring. Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble and installs electrical conduit.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools. Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. May repair faulty equipment or systems (electrical maintenance). May be required to hold state license.
• Perform other related duties and special assignments as required or assigned by Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in vocational trade from 2 to 4 years. Journeyman level achievements in Industrial Electrical as it relates to the Food Industry
• Basic Math skills including Algebra and Geometry. Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
• Write reports with proper punctuation and grammar.
• Must be familiar with Food Processing Equipment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Industrial (high volume) food processing experience, particularly frozen foods
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs manually and more using proper techniques and equipment.
• Must be able to work with designated or little supervision
• Must be able to travel throughout Production areas, climb ladders and stoop, kneel and crawl in small spaces
• Must be able to push, pull and lift occasional heavy loads (75 lbs.).
• Must be able to occasionally work from heights and on the roof.
• Accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
We offer an excellent benefits package:
• 401k with company match
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Company-paid life insurance and short term disability.
• Voluntary life and AD&D
• 10 days PTO with additional accrued time based on years of service
• 10 paid holidays.
• Up to 8 hours of paid time off a year for volunteer work.
• Primó Italian food is provided free for meal breaks
# Interested candidates should also apply through career page at our website www.sovosbrands.com
We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos Brands is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.