Job Description :
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. Sovos Brands has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Sovos Brands represents “real, delicious food for the way you live." We accomplish this by developing businesses that are founded on real, clean ingredients; breakthrough brands and products; meeting today’s lifestyle; and winning with customers.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
Overview: We are currently seeking an Senior Maintenance Technician for the Michael Angelo’s business line who will be responsible for the maintenance on all machinery and equipment in the plant to ensure a 100% Up Time Policy.
• Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and piping and electrical systems in an industrial establishment following specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoists, cranes, welding machines, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting rigs, measuring and testing instruments.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment using electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and problem or to repair machine.
• Corrects and Maintains Details on all equipment as it relates to it performance and professional work ethics.
• Installs and repairs electrical wiring, conduits and electrical and electronic components (i.e. variable drives, temperature controllers, HMIs, PLCs) of machinery and equipment.
• Repairs/replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, pipe, and related piping system components.
• Repairs and maintains physical structures of establishment.
• Perform other related duties and special assignments as required or assigned by Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in vocational trade from 4 to 10 years. Journeyman level achievement in electrical or mechanical trade.
• Must be detail oriented as it relates to equipment performance and professional work ethics.
• Ability to solve practical problems that include variable situations, using a rational approach. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Industrial (high volume) food processing experience, particularly frozen foods.
• Knowledge of batch cooking operations, ovens, freezers, cooler, fryers, and high-speed packaging equipment.
We offer an excellent benefits package:
• 401k with company match
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Company-paid life insurance and short term disability.
• Voluntary life and AD&D
• 10 days PTO with additional accrued time based on years of service
• 10 paid holidays.
• Up to 8 hours of paid time off a year for volunteer work.
• Primó Italian food is provided free for meal breaks
# Interested candidates should also apply through career page at our website www.sovosbrands.com.
We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos Brands is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.