Job Description :
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. Sovos Brands has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Sovos Brands represents “real, delicious food for the way you live." We accomplish this by developing businesses that are founded on real, clean ingredients; breakthrough brands and products; meeting today’s lifestyle; and winning with customers.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
Overview: We are currently seeking an Maintenance Technician for the Michael Angelo’s business line who will assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery, equipment, and physical structures.
• Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping and electrical systems following specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoists and cranes, measuring and testing instruments. Operates grinders, saws and drills.
• Performs preventive maintenance on all operating machinery. Daily lubricates machinery prior to production as well as performing set ups and changeovers on machinery as production demands.
• Follows work orders and maintenance request forms to repair machinery as assigned.
• Follows all Company rules, including, but not limited to: GMPs, Safety, PPE, Lock Out-Tag Out, and all rules prescribed by the USDA and FDA.
• Perform other related duties and special assignments as required or assigned by Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Vocational trade school or 2 to 4 years equivalent professional experience in mechanical or electrical trade.
• Ability to write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
• Must have excellent reading skills. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
• Should have basic welding skills in arc, Tig and Mig.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Industrial (high volume) food processing experience, particularly frozen foods.
• Knowledge of batch cooking operations, ovens, freezers, cooler, fryers and high speed packaging equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Must be able to travel throughout Production areas, climb ladders and stoop, kneel and crawl in small spaces. Office and factory environment, including refrigerated warehouses and heat in oven areas.
• Must be able to push, pull and lift occasional heavy loads (75 lbs.).
• Must be able to occasionally work from heights and on the roof.
We offer an excellent benefits package:
• 401k with company match
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Company-paid life insurance and short term disability.
• Voluntary life and AD&D
• 10 days PTO with additional accrued time based on years of service
• 10 paid holidays.
• Up to 8 hours of paid time off a year for volunteer work.
• Primó Italian food is provided free for meal breaks
# Interested candidates should also apply through career page at our website www.sovosbrands.com.
We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos Brands is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.